|Title||Information about the Nassau Light Artillery|
|Scope & Content||
per: George Davis--May 7, 1991
The group originated in March 1879
Fraternal organization of Confederate veterans or sympathizers
Alonzo B. Noyes (built the Chandlery Building on the corner of N. 2nd and Centre St.)
Warren F. Scott (Built the Palace for Prescott's Haberdashery. Built and lived in the Ketchum/Balogh house on Centre St. before it was moved to present spot)
D. E. Maxwell
Dr. Theordore Starbuck (George Davis' grandfather)
Wm. H. Garland (lost his hand in the Civil War)
W. O. Jeffreys
Mr. Saussy (Northerner, not a Confederate soldier but a symphatizer)
Mr. Gilchrist (Northerner, not a Confederate soldier but a symphatizer)
A. O. MacDonell (father of Kate Bailey)
W. B. Thompson (built and lived in the first Thompson House on S. 7th St..--directly behind The Bamboo House)
Emil O. Friend (great grandfather of Angel Davis)
C. W. Maxwell (came with the Florida Railroad)
Mr. Davis remarked that this group was akin to the first Ku Klux Klan in Fernandina: a group of fine gentlemen who were leaders in the community. It was an honor to belong to the organization.
from notes recorded by Bonnie Johnson (May 7, 1991)
|Caption||Notes about Nassau Light Artillery|
|Number of images||1|
Noyes, Alonzo B.
Scott, Warren F.
Maxwell, D. E.
Starbuck, Theodore (Dr.)
Jeffreys, W. O.
MacDonell, A. O.
Thompson, W. B.
Friend, Emil O.
Maxwell, C. W.
Ku Klux Klan
Nassau Light Artillery
|Classification||Organizations & Clubs|