|Title||Abstract of Title to Sections 4, Township 2 North, Range 28 E. and Section Thirty (30) in Township 3 North of Range 28 East. Also know on the Governments plats as the "Cashen Grant'" of 700 acres.|
|Scope & Content||
Abstract of Title to Sections 4, Township 2 North, Range 28 E. and Section Thirty (30) in Township 3 North of Range 28 East. Also know on the Governments plats as the "Cashen Grant'" of 700 acres.
Note: Subdividions described as Lots 7, 8 & 9 and ?1/2 of lot 1 are in Sec 20 T 31 R 28E
1. Spanish Government to James Cashen on Oct 19, 1790 by Royal order for loyalty. Recorded in American States Papers, Book 3, p.676. Granting to Cashen 700 acres on W. side of Amelia Island called "Plum Orchard."
2. As above except dated July 4, 1814.
3. United States to Susan Cashen (widow of J.C.) on April 15, 1820 by confirmation of title. Recorded in American States Papers Book 4, p. 407. Confirming above grant.
4. Susan Linde, late Susan Murphy, late Susan Cashen to David L. Yulee on Mch 14, 1855 by Will. Recorded in County Record Book O, p. 146, date Nov. 27, 1874. Bequeathing all estate, real and personal in State of Florida.
5. Susan Murphy, formerly Linde, formerly Cashen to George R. Fairbanks on Sept. 17, 1855 by Deed of trust on Sept. 19, 1855 for $100.00. Recorded in County Records Book F, p.48. Conveying.....of my real estate in Florida".
6. Geo. R. Fairbanks, Trustee to David L. Yulee on June 6, 1856 as Deed in fee on June 10, 1856 for $2000.00. Recorded in County Records Book E, p. 89 on July 24, 1856. Conveying "all lands on Amelia island" derived by him under item 5.
7. David L. Yulee & wife to Eds. N. Dickerson, Trustee on Oct. 1, 1878 as Deed of trust on Jany. 10, 1879. Recorded in County Records Book R, p.56 Jany 14, 1819. Conveys in trust all lands on Amelia Island derived under item 6 and by virtue of the will of Susan Linde, item 4.
8. Edw. N. Dickerson, Trustee to C. W. Yulee, Margaret Y. Read, Florida Y. Neff and Nannie Y. Noble, surviving children and lega heirs of D. L. Yulee & N. C. Yulee, deceased, on May 19, 1887 by Deed to May 19, 1887 for $1.00. Recorded in County Records Book U, p.422 on June 23, 1887. Conveys all lands derived under item 7.
9. Margaret Y. Read & husband, Florida Y. Neff & husband, Nannie Y. Noble & husband to C. Wickliffe Yulee on Dec. 31, 1887 by Partition deed in Jany 3 & 23, 1888. Recorded in County Records Book U, p.498 on Mch 16, 1888. Conveys all interests of grantors in the lands on Amelia Ilsand (particularizing Sec 4, T21, R38 and Sec.30 T31, R28) derived under item 8.
State of Florida
County of Nassau
I, C. H. Leggett, Clark of the Circuit Court, in and for Nassau County Florida, hereby certify that the foregoing is a true and correct Abstract of Title to lands described in caption as appears by the records of the Clerk's Office of Nassau County, to this date, without reference to errors and omissions in the execution of deeds. And I further certify that there are no judgments, executions, mortgages, tax sales, and other incumbrances found of record except as mentioned in this foregoing Abstract of title. Witness my hand and the seal of said Court this the 28th day of June.
C. H. Leggett, Clerk of the Circuit Court,
by Edwin R. Williams, Deputy Clerk
|Caption||Abstract of title for Cashen Grant|
|Number of images||3|
Fairbanks, George R.
Yulee, David L.
Dickerson, Edw. N.
Read, Margaret Y.
Neff, Florida Y.
Noble, Nannie Y.
Yulee, C. Wickliffe
Leggett, C. H.
Williams, Edwin R.
|Subjects||Land grants--Cashen grant|