Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Amelia Island Lighthouse
Object Name Manuscript
Scope & Content Amelia Island Lighthouse by George T. Davis.
Lighthouse built on land purchased from Don Domingo Fernandez (was part of Eliza or Louisa Plantation) in 1820.
Lighthouse keepers included Amos Latham, Petty, Donally, Myles, Sydam, C. W. Grimm, Thomas Patrick O'Hagan (Sr. and Jr.).
Entrance channels to the Port, lights, stairs, and lens are described.
Catalog Number 1991.046.080
Collection AIMH
Accession number 1991.046
Caption Amelia Island Lighthouse
Number of images 2
People Latham, Amos
Petty
Donally
Myles
Sydam
Grimm, C. W.
O'Hagan, Thomas Patrick (Sr.)
O'Hagan, Thomas Patrick (Jr.)
Search Terms Amelia Island Lighthouse
Subjects Lighthouse keepers
Classification Historic Sites
Lighthouses