|Title||1931 Letters written by A. W. Jackson, Supt. of Nassau Co. Schools, & R. Hinson, State Supervisor of High Schools|
|Scope & Content||
Six letters written in 1931 concerning the Nassau County School Board and the Nassau County Teachers' Association.
1) 09/05/1931 Letter from A. W. Jackson, Supt. Nassau County Board of Public Instruction, to Florida State Attorney Chas. M. Durrance, thanking Durrance for his address to the county's teachers at the Beach Casino.
2) 10/02/1931: Letter from A. W. Jackson, Supt. Nassau County Board of Public Instruction, to James S. Rickards, Secretary of Florida Education Association, stating that the Nassau County Teachers Association had voted to become members of the Florida Education Association.
3) 10/13/1931: Two letters from M. R. Hinson (State Supervisor of High Schools) announcing a lecture by C. L. Brownell, Professor of Physical Education, Columbia University, at an upcoming St. Johns District Association meeting in Jacksonville and asking for donations from the district to cover the associated expenses. One letter is a copy of the letter sent to Frtitz Hatcher, President of the St. Johns District Association. This copy was included in correspondence from Hinson to Nassau County Supt., O. T. Weaver.
4) 10/22/1931: Letter from A. W. Jackson to Lois Culver, Jacksonville, FL, stating that O. T. Weaver is no longer associated with Nassau County.
5) 11/27/1931: Letter from A. W. Jackson to Professor Holloway (of unstated affiliation) asking if the professor would like a car sent to Jacksonville to transport him to Nassau County (Fernandina?) for the Dec. 18th (teachers' association?) meeting. Prof. Holloway is apparently the guest speaker.
|Number of images||6|
Brownell, C. L. (Professor, Columbia University)
Durrance, Chas. M. (State's Attorney, FL)
Fritz Hatcher (Pres., St. Johns County District Assoc.)
Hinson, M. R. (State Suervisor of High Schools)
Jackson, A. W. (Supt. Nassau County Schools)
Rickards, James S. (Sec'y. Florida Education Association)
Weaver, O. T. (Supt. Nassau County Schools)
Columbia University (NY)
Florida Education Association
Nassau County Board of Public Instruction
St. Johns County District [Education] Association