|Title||Fiesta of 8 Flags Shrimp Boat Races 1968, Fernandina Beach, Florida|
|Scope & Content||
Fiesta of 8 Flags Shrimp Boat Races, 1968--a scrapbook of photos and newspaper clippings
1. Scrapbook cover
2. A Fernandina Beach First: The only shrimp boat races in the world.
3. List of Fernandina Firsts
4. Miss Fiesta of 8 Flags: Miss Dixie Massey
5. Mr. Ray Beville, President Chamber of Commerce; Miss Dixie Massey, "Miss Fiesta of Eight Flags 1968"; Mr. Melvin F. Dougherty, Co-chairman of Shrimp Boat Races 1968.
6. A view of the Marine Welcome Station during 1968 Shrimp Boat Race in Fernandina Beach, Florida
7. Shrimp boats lined up for the Blessing of the Fleet 1968. "Dixie Queen" the winner of the Best Decorated. The Most Original Decorated was won by the "Jabberwock" (not pictured).
8. Shrimp boats anchored across the river during the races, 1968. "Wanda Peggy", "Florida Boys". "Lady Annie", "Miss Nina Jo"
9. "Miss Fernandina", a local shrimper
10. Newspaper clipping: 'Little David' tames Goliaths
11. Crossing the finish line in the unlimited race, 1968
12. Boats waiting their turn to race. See 8.
13. Boats anchored during race
14. Mr. Bunny Sterling, receiving Victory Kiss from Miss Dixie Massey, "Miss Fiesta". Holding Governors Trophy is Mr. Ray Beville, President of Chamber of Commerce. Mr. Billy Burbank (circled), Co-Chairman, Shrimp Boat Races, 1968.
15. Mrs. Rosa Adams, Supt. of the Marine Welcome Station, presenting the Governors Trophy to Mr. D. S. Peterson, owner of the "Chickadee."
16. Mrs. Rosa Adams, Mr. D. S. Peterson, Miss Dixie Massey and Mr. Bunny Sterling.
17. Miss Dixie Massey and Mr. Bunny Sterling
18. Mrs. Rosa Adams, and Mr. D. S. Peterson
19. Earl Cook, Robert Lannon, Alvin Anderson, D. S. Peterson, Miss Dixie Massey, Bunny Sterling, H. A. Cook, Jim Brazell, Alvin Dicky and Joe Tringali.
20. Scene at the 1968 Shrimp Boat Races. L. to R. Mr. Don Roberts (Chamber of Commerce), Miss Dixie Massey (Miss Fiesta of Eight Flags, New Smyrna Beach, Fla.), Mr. Ralph Tyre (Rep. of Nassau County, also Judge for the best decorated and most original decorated)., Mrs. Ralph Tyre, Mrs. Peggy Weatherford, Mr. Eddie McKendree.
21. Scene at the 1968 Shrimp Boat Races. L. to R. Mr. E. N. McKendree, Mr. Ralph Tyre, Mrs. Ralph Tyre, Mr. Don F. Adams (North Florida Telephone Co., also Judge for best decorated and most original decorated, Mr. Billy Burbank (Cochairman of Shrimp Boat Races), Mrs. Chuck Ceasan, Little Burbank, Mr. C. C. McKendree (The old master at the Mike.)
22. Newspaper clippings
23. Scenes at the 1968 Shrimp Boat Races.
24. Scenes at the 1968 Shrimp Boat Races.
25. Scenes at the 1968 Shrimp Boat Races.
26. Scenes at the 1968 Shrimp Boat Races.
27. Program for Fiesta of Eight Flags Shrimp Boat Race & Blessing of the Fleet. Sunday, May 5, 1968--1:00 P.M. Father Leonard Duncan (St. Michael's Catholic Church). Boats (14), Owners and Captains listed.
28.Program for Fourth Annual Eight Flags Shrimp Boat Races and Blessing of The Fleet. Sunday, May 14, 1967--1:00 O'clock P.M. Boats (12), Owners and Captains listed.
All items except 1, 3, 10,22, 27, 28 are photos from Florida photo, Florida Development Commission.
|Caption||Fiesta of 8 Flags|
|Number of images||37|
Duncan, Leonard (Father)
Peterson, D. S.
Cook, H. A.
Dicky, Alvin, Tringali
Doughtery, Melvin F.
Marine Welcome Station
Chamber of Commerce
Fiesta of 8 Flags Shrimp Boat Races
Blessing of the Fleet
St. Michael's Catholic Church
Florida Development Commission
Jabberwock (shrimp boat)
Little David (shrimp boat)
Miss Libby (shrimp boat)
Sunrise (shrimp boat)
Miss Nina Jo (shrimp boat)
Florida Boys (shrimp boat)
Delores D (shrimp boat)
Golden Isle (shrimp boat)
Dixie Queen (shrimp boat)
Eight Flags (shrimp boat)
Lady Belle (shrimp boat)
Golden Nugget (shrimp boat)
Lady Annie (shrimp boat)
Wanda Peggy (shrimp boat)
Miss Annie (shrimp boat)
|Subjects||Chambers of commerce|
|Classification||Business & Commerce|