|Title||Miscellaneous letters requesting information from the Chamber of Commerce|
|Scope & Content||
1. Letter from Mrs. Mabel D. Bell (Bell Manufacturing Co., River Junction, Florida) dated October 5, 1930 requesting help finding certain people for a series of articles on outstanding men and women of Florida. Enclosures included envelope addressed to Mrs. Mabel D. Bell, 508 Washington Street, Quincy, Florida. and six questions to be answered about the county.
2. Letter to Mayor of Fernandina from Mrs. S. E. Driskell, President of Woman's Auxiliary Duval County Medical Society of Jacksonville, Florida, dated October 14, 1934. The letter requested either a booklet or information about Fernandina for a talk she was preparing.
3. Letter from Arthur G. Williams, President of the Florida Historical Society regretfully asking for $2.00 to continue the Chamber of Commerce membership. Dated July 7, 1931.
4. Letter from Miss Beulah Lamb dated 7-13-31 requesting information. See answer below.
5. Unsigned letter (from Chamber) dated July 21, 1931 to Miss Beulah Lamb, 615 West Eleventh St., Pueblo, Colorado, responding to request for name of the Floridian serving in the Revolutionary War and war of 1812. The name of Lt. John D. Vaughan is given and a booklet about Fernandina and Amelia Island is also enclosed.
5. Letter from Leone Smith (Mrs. Dillon F. Smith) of 1400 Lakeview Ave., Pensacola, Fla., dated Jan. 14, 1934. She is preparing a program to be given before the American Association of University Women, Pensacola Branch, and wants information on historic spots in Fernandina.
6. A second letter from Leone S. Smith wanting information about pirate treasure in Fernandina.
7. Unsigned letter (from Chamber) dated April 26, 1935 to Miss M. C. Fairlie, Princ., Norwood School, Jacksonville, Florida, thanking her for sending a copy of her recently published history. 8. Letter from Edward M. L'Engle (P.O. Box 464, Jacksonville, Fla.) dated May 18, 1934 to Mr. Russell A. Smith, Fernandina, Florida. Mr. L'Engle states he is sending a further extract of his grandmother's reminiscences that relate to Fernandina.
|Number of images||12|
Bell, Mabel D. (Mrs.)
L'Engle, Edward M.
Fairlie, M. C. (Miss)
Smith, Leona S. (Mrs. Dillon F. Smith)
Lamb, Beulah (Miss)
Williams, Arthur G.
Driskell S. E. (Mrs.)
Florida Historical Society
Woman's Auxiliary Duval County Medical Society
|Subjects||Chambers of commerce|