Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Port et barre d'Amelia
Object Name Map
Scope & Content 4 copies of a 1778 French map " Port Et Barre D'Amelia". This is an exact copy of Jacob Blamey's (Master of His Majesty's Schooner, St John ) survey of January 1775. Not to scale. Provides Soundings (accurate?) and sailing instructions. Provides possible anchor points. Lists plantations belonging to: Earl of Egmont on Amelia Island and Bell's, Ralph's, Woodland's, and Wright's in Georgia. The map shows the ruins of Fort William at the southern tip of Cumberland Island,
Catalog Number 1977.001.1340
Collection AIMH
Accession number 1977.001
Caption Port et barre d'Amelia
Number of images 8
People Blamey, Jacob
Egmont (Earl)
Bell
Ralph
Woodland
Wright
Search Terms Fort William
Cumberland Island GA
Amelia Island
St. Marys River
Riviere St. Marie
Woodlands Plantation
Bells Plantation
Countess Egmont Plantation
Andersons Creek
Mount Misery
Haitation Magazins
Tiger Creek
Bells Creek
Woodlands Creek
Marteirs Isle
Subjects Maps
Plantations
Islands
Classification Maps
Land description