|Title||Old Town riverfront early 1900s|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
Riverfront, Fernandina FL, showing boardwalk from Old Town to Fenandina. Many ships at the dock. Boardwalk was erected in 1870 to connect Old Town and New Fernandina. It was called Seton Bridge after Charles Seton, who was Fernandina's first mayor. It followed the track of the railroad. It removed after the paper mill was built in the 1930s.
Photo taken from harbor pilots' tower in Old Town.
Government houses were built when the jetties were being constructed. The brick revetement on the river in front of the Plaza was built at the same time.
"Pride of India" or chinaberry trees were common in Old Town.
St. Peter Claver (Catholic) Church in shown.
|Caption||Boardwalk from Old Town to Fer|
|Copyright||All rights belong to AIMH|
|Number of images||2|
St. Peter Claver
Plaza (Old Town)