|Title||NcNair & Son|
|Object Name||Sign, Trade|
Wooden shingle from Hoyt House.
Presented to City Museum by Ken Nolan 11/22/78
Manufactured by McNair & Son (315-319 North Second Street)
Note: Entry in 1900 City Directory: McNair & Son saw and planing mill, mfr of yellow pine lumber 315-7-9 N 2nd St. This object was used in the first exhibit the Amelia Island Museum of History had in the Old Jail Building. The exhibit was called "Down at the Courthouse" and ran from August 3 to September 5, 1980.
|Caption||McNair & Son|
|Dimensions||H-4.75 L-17.5 inches|
|Lexicon category||8: Communication Artifact|
|Classification||Business & Commerce|
North 2nd Street
McNair & Son