|Title||Electric panel from Hoyt House|
|Object Name||Box, Fuse|
This panel was installed in the Hoyt House (on Atlantic Avenue) in October 1897. Power was brought to Amelia Island in 1887. This panel is 85 amp. and was handcrafted. It was disconnected by Jack Watson (Watson Electric) in January 1993. Mr. Watson later rescued it from the Callahan dump. He also provided the brass plaque giving information about the panel.
The panel was one of the first boxes on Amelia Island. (First electric generating plant in Fernandina established in 1887. It was privately owned and was known as Fernandina Brush Electric Light Company.)
|Caption||Electrical box from Hoyt House|
|Dimensions||H-42 W-21 D-5 inches|
Business & Commerce
Fernandina Brush Electric Light Company