|Object Name||Mirror, Wall|
Mirror for a mantle with a French print at each end. Plaster gilt frame.
From the Estate of Frances Partridge. (Alma Frances Partridge of 707 N. Stanley)
The mirror could originally have come from South Port NC with James Madison Morse (or Edward Francis Morse), a Bar Pilot who died in 1878 during the yellow fever plague and would have hung in his home in Old Town about 1866. OR It may have belonged to John Malarkey who at one time was a successful mercantile shop owner at the site of Ships Lantern Art Gallery (Centre Street).
It was donated to the Museum from the Estate of Frances Partridge, daughter of Alma Morse and John Nathaniel Partridge. Frances was Nassau County Public Health Nurse for many years. (Notes provided by Ed Livingston.)
|Dimensions||H-20.25 W-55 inches|
|Lexicon category||2: Building Furnishings|